Paste embed code from YouTube or other video sharing service.
You may know of Gil Hedley, PhD from his “famous fuzz speech”. It is now considered a “classic” 5-minute entertaining, fascia-nating tour of dissection through human body “fuzz” as Dr. Hedley calls layers of fascia.
Dr. Hedley is a pioneering “somanaut” (‘soma’ is body & ‘-naut’ is a person engaged in the navigation of a vehicle, especially one used for scientific investigation) dedicated to his passion of teaching functional anatomy through workshops, DVDs and free YouTube videos.
I first met my friend and colleague Gil in 2007 at the 1st Fascia Research Congress at Harvard Medical School. He is one of the most interesting, entertaining and informative people I’ve ever met and am proud to host him at my Stretch to Win Institute in Chandler, AZ on Nov. 9, 2017.
In this interview, I interview Gil Hedley, PhD about his 2017 nationwide tour, “What’s The Fuzz?” coming to a city near you. We cover a lot including:
- How Hedley has broadened & deepened his understanding of our human form with new inspiring visions that came out of correcting previous assumptions "established" by antomical "authorities", texts & illustrations all of us learned.
- Functional anatomy of movement is discussed including:
- “Unfixed forms” (frozen) help to understand movement better
- Movement of the fascial web
- Focus on 3 types of fascia for distinct perception of what you are touching in your client and what moves passively and actively
- Develop “x-ray” or “fMRI” eyes for enhanced perceptions for better assessments, treatments and movement instruction (what will change: cueing, specificity
- Viscera implications
REGISTER NOW at www.gilhedley.com and find a city near you or come to ours in Phoenix on Nov. 20, 2017